Conrad's blog is on holiday until 10th July, when it will resume with a review of the streaming of the ENO Carmen.
The Edinburgh music critic and journalist, Conrad Wilson, writes about classical music/ opera, food and wine in Scotland and from around the world. He writes about his life as a music critic, his travels to opera houses at home and abroad and the many musicians he's encountered along the way. He reviews DVD films of performances you may not have been able to attend. His wine reviews can help you to keep up-to-date with the good things available in wine shops and supermarkets.
Popular Posts
-
Gratuitously vicious and violent, Calixto Bieto’s English National Opera production of Carmen, streamed earlier this month from the Londo...
-
Like Pinot Grigio, only more so, Portugal’s Vinho Verde is one of those risky white wines that fail more often than they triumph. Even half...
-
I saw Lorin Maazel conduct many times but I met him only once, when he was in Edinburgh with the concert pianist Israela Margalit, who had...
-
The opera critic of the Daily Telegraph, reviewing the Edinburgh Festival production of Berlioz’s The Trojans from the Mariinsky Theatre i...
-
Much as I enjoy a summer glass of Alsace wine, I am less puzzled than I once was by the marketing problems it has to face in Britain. It’...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave a message. I would be very pleased to hear your thoughts and comments.